Attention High School Aged Youth!:
- Are you looking for a full-time, 7 week summer job that pays for your hard work?
- An opportunity to engage with and give back to your community?
- A place to learn and practice sustainable farming and healthy cooking?
- A chance to change the food system and change your world?
- Apply to work with Rooted at Carnation Farms, and help to lead the way!
APPLICATIONS DUE BY MAY 3rd, 2018!*
Rooted is more than just a summer job – it’s a chance for diverse youth from all backgrounds and circumstances to gain a deep, personal understanding of our food system from seed to plate; to learn and implement sustainable agriculture practices on a certified organic farm alongside experienced farmers and educators; to learn and apply cooking and nutrition skills that can be used at home; to address important social issues like food justice and take action to heal our food system on multiple levels. Rooted workers put in hard work as a team to serve others, learn and apply new skills, experience nature, explore issues of hunger and community, challenge themselves, and have fun!
For youth who successfully complete the first summer crew – Seed Crew – there is an option to apply for further seasons of Rooted work crews, and keep working with us year-round! There will be opportunities for youth to continue developing their skills, working for pay, and giving back to their communities with increasing leadership and depth over the academic year with Dirt Crew, the second summer season with Root Crew and the final academic year session – Stewards Crew. This can be a full two-year experience!