Fun on the Farm $375
Become a farmer for a week! Children will “work” in the garden by planting, weeding, and digging in the dirt. They’ll learn what plants and animals need to grow, and what their bodies need, too.
Campers must be entering the grades listed June 18-22, Entering Grades 1-3
June 25-29, Entering Grades 4-6
Aug 6-10, Entering Grades 1-3
• Learn the science of plants
• Visit pigs, turkeys, and sheep
• Hold chickens and collect eggs
• Learn about bees and other important pollinators
• Harvest fruits and vegetables and then prepare kid-friendly recipes
• Plant a vegetable, care for it all week, and take it home to share
• Create a mini farmers’ market to show parents/caregivers on the last day of camp
Farm-to-Table Cooking $375
Kids will learn the most useful cooking skills, learning recipes that they can prepare at home. Each day, children will gather fruits or vegetables from the garden which will be used in their kitchen experiences.
Campers must be entering the grades listed July 9-13, Entering Grades 7-9
July 30-Aug 3, Entering Grades 4-6
Aug 13-17, Entering Grades 4-6
• Learn basic knife skills, understand how to measure wet and dry ingredients, and develop new techniques with kitchen tools
• Prepare fun and nutritious snacks
• Make quick and easy breakfasts
• Cook lunch and dinner recipes from around the world
• Create a personalized cookbook
• Plant an herb, care for it all week, and take it home to use in recipes
• Run a mini farm-to-table restaurant for their parents/caregivers on the last day of camp
Camps run Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, with lunch and two snacks included. Before- and after-camp care is available (8:00 to 9:00 am and 4:00 to 5:00 pm) at an additional charge. Most of the camp is outdoors, but some experiences take place inside; camp will be in the shade on hot days.
Register now and reserve your spot for summer camp at Carnation Farms!
Need-based scholarships are available on first-come, first-served basis. Limited transportation is available from specific Eastside locations. Answers to most questions can be found on our FAQ page. Need assistance? Contact Tiffany Chou, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-844-3149