Field Trips at Carnation Farms
People of all ages enjoy field trips on our beautiful certified organic farm in the Snoqualmie Valley. With a fun and knowledgeable guide, participants explore the rows of vegetables, fruit trees, berries, and herbs, tasting and smelling along the way. They meet chickens up close, visit pigs, and see other livestock. Our field trips engage people in understanding farm practices that cultivate healthy soil, air, and water, while producing healthful, delicious food. Field trips include a tasty snack made from foods grown on the farm
We offer Educational Field Trips for Grades K-12 and Program Field Trips for community groups.
Field Trips for Grades K-12
Our Educational Field Trips:
- Show where food comes come by giving kids outdoor experiences in fields and pastures
- Provide age-appropriate, hands-on activities with food and farming
- Show the importance of a sustainable food system and ways they can help improve it
- Connect kids as eaters to the farmers who produce food
- Aim to transform the way children and teens want to eat
We can schedule small groups of 10 up to 65 students (plus chaperones). Cost is $9 per child; no charge for teachers or chaperones.
Educational Field Trips typically last 1.5 to 2 hours.
K-12 teachers, our field trips can help meet Washington State K-12 Learning Standards. Contact us for details.
Financial assistance is available. We aim to make the beneficial experiences on our farm available and affordable for all members of our community. If cost is a barrier for individuals in your group to visit Carnation Farms, we would be happy to discuss scholarship options. We will do our best to accommodate your group.
For 2018 Educational Field Trips, please contact Willow Olivares at Willowo@carnationfarms.org or 425.844.3217
Program Field Trips
Our Program Field Trips are customized to meet the unique needs of groups such as preschoolers, community and adult organizations, senior centers, college classes, and others. Options include:
- Garden sensory tour
- Visiting the farm animals, holding chickens, and collecting eggs
- Hay rides (seasonally available)
- Picking pumpkins in our patch
- Health benefits and culinary uses of foods grown on our farm
- Learning about sustainable farming and everyone’s role in a healthy food system
We can schedule small groups of 10 up to large groups of 65. Cost is $9 per person; no charge for teachers or group leaders.
Program Field Trips typically last 1.5 to 2 hours.
For 2018 Program Field Trips, please contact Tiffany Chou at Tiffanyc@carnationfarms.org or 425.844.3149
Our field trips offer farm experiences that meet many ADA standards, including wheelchair-accessible garden paths, raised garden beds, and picnic tables. Accessible parking is located near the field trip site.